Scott Robert is a compliance consultancy who assists firms which are seeking to gain authorisation or who already hold permissions to undertake regulated activities. This also includes firms seeking assistance with data protection or with other regulatory requirements as may be the case for Insolvency Practitioners where an IPs activity closely resembles that of an FCA firm i.e. for IVA appointments.
As a compliance consultancy we deal with firms of varying sizes and complexity. We understand that no matter how large or small your firm is you will require assistance from time to time. This could be to assist you by being your second and third line of defence in call monitoring or file reviews, to help you manage your compliance framework, to assist in complaints handling and review your financial promotions before publication.
For some firms, particularly those with limited internal compliance capacity, consultants are an integral part of their compliance management. Scott Robert can assist by providing bespoke documents for these firm elevating their compliance standards, we can also provide audits even on highly compliant firms to give constructive feedback on where to improve.
For other firms, compliance consultants are called upon when the firm has a specific compliance requirement. For FCA activity, compliance obligations cannot be outsourced to a consultant as firm’s must be able to handle compliance obligations independently.
However, a good compliance consultant will enable a firm to meet their obligations through cost-effective solutions.
The FCA have produced a fact sheet about using an FCA Compliance Consultant.
When selecting an FCA compliance consultant firms should consider the following key issues:
- What experience does the compliance consultant have in the area of compliance that firm requires assistance with and is their knowledge up to date.
- What capacity does the FCA compliance consultant have, and do they have any contingency arrangements in the event that they are unable to undertake the work due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Are they able to provide workable solutions rather than just identify problems.
- Will they be able to work with key individuals in the firm, and will they add value to the firm.
We’re not just a FCA Compliance Consultant; we’re a team of expert FCA Compliance Consultants with experience and proven results in all aspects of FCA compliance.
Whether you are proactively seeking to ensure your firm is compliant, or need assistance with a compliance headache, we offer practical solutions that work for your firm.
How can Scott Robert help you?
Interested in becoming authorised by the FCA? Scott Robert can certainly assist your firm.
If you are wishing to become directly authorised by the FCA, Scott Robert can help you with the authorisation journey, this would start with one of our Regulatory Advisors discussing your proposed business model and drafting your regulatory documentation (Regulatory Business Plan, Business Continuity Plan, Compliance Monitoring Plan, Treating Customers Fairly Gap Analysis and Vulnerable Customer and Mental Capacity Policy).
A full Compliance Manual would also be provided, enabling the firm to understand and comply with regulatory requirements through the provision of policies, procedures, assessment, monitoring and record keeping documentation.
Following this, we will prepare the online application for submission to the FCA. Once submitted, we will continue to assist with any responses to the FCA.
If you are already authorised, we can assist you with your ongoing regulatory requirements, our bespoke plans are designed to fit your individual needs and budget.
- Call and Email Support
- Individual Policy Document Creation, Review and Amendments
- Compliance Monitoring Plan Creation and Assistance
- Second and Third Line of Defence Monitoring and Guidance
- Complaint Handling Assistance
- Financial Promotion and Website Reviews
- Ongoing Senior Management and Certification Requirements